NOTICE ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA AND CONSENT TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA FOR JOB APPLICANTS
This is to inform the job applicant (“Applicant”) of SIA “Dokumeds”, registration number in Latvia: 40003607769 (“Dokumeds”), as to how Applicant’s Personal data is processed by Dokumeds and what the Applicant’s rights under European Union Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) are. This notice on the processing of Personal data and consent to the processing of Personal data applies to all Applicants to the job position at Dokumeds.
With a view to informing Applicant about the processing of his/her Personal data carried out by Dokumeds as well as providing the legal basis for the processing of Applicant’s Personal data, Dokumeds herewith provides the information on the processing of Applicant’s Personal data and provides Applicant with an opportunity to express his/her consent to the processing of Applicant’s Personal data specified below in such cases when the legal basis for processing of Applicant’s Personal data is his/her consent.
This consent and notice are governed by the laws of Latvia.
- Who is responsible for data processing?
Dokumeds is the controller of Applicant’s Personal data and processes Applicant’s Personal data for the recruitment purposes as indicated below.
Dokumeds’ contact information for the queries related to Personal data processing are as follows:
Address: Alojas iela 6, Riga, LV-1013
- What categories of data does Dokumeds use and why?
Dokumeds processes the following categories of Applicant’s Personal data for the following purposes:
- name, surname, contact information, information on professional and academic qualifications, information on any specific documents and skills required for a specific position (for example, driver’s license), employment history, contact information of the previous employers, reference of the previous employers and other persons, any publicly available information on Applicant related to the vacant position, information that Applicant has provided via assessment tests and personality tests that have been filled out during the application process, and any other information referred to in the curriculum vitae and motivation letter provided by Applicant or necessary to evaluate Applicant for the purposes of evaluating Applicant as a prospective employee, including but not limited to evaluating, whether Applicant meets the employment criteria of the Dokumeds and gathering and storing the information on Applicant to inform him/her about any vacant position at Dokumeds in the future;
- Personal data referred to in the point “a” above, as well as identification documents, medical data (if required pre-condition for a specific position), information on the employment position, shift timetable and other Personal data that may be reasonably required in order to conclude an employment agreement for the purposes of establishing a potential employment relationship;
- images from video surveillance cameras, information on the access to Dokumeds’ premises, the premises of its group companies and resources acquired by carrying out video surveillance in the office or premises of the group companies for the purpose of preventing or detecting crime and violations related to the protection of the property or protecting of the individual's vital interests, including life and health;
- all such Personal data that is necessary for Dokumeds to comply with the statutory requirements for the purposes of performing Dokumeds’ obligations under the applicable laws, for example, with the archiving requirements, requests of the state or local authorities;
- all such Personal data that is necessary for Dokumeds to protect the legitimate interests thereof in the event of a dispute arising between Applicant and Dokumeds.
- What is the legal basis for processing Personal data?
Dokumeds shall process the Personal data where:
- The processing is necessary to evaluate Applicant as a prospective employee, including but not limited to evaluate, whether Applicant meets the employment criteria of the Dokumeds and to gather and store the information on Applicant to inform him/her about any vacant position at Dokumeds in the future;
- the processing is necessary to enter into an employment agreement. If Applicant does not provide the information necessary to perform such evaluation, this may affect the result of the assessment of Applicant, and Dokumeds may not be held responsible for any such consequences;
- the processing is necessary to comply with the statutory requirements applicable to Dokumeds, such as providing of Applicant’s information to state authorities. In the event that Dokumeds does not have at its disposal any such information, which Dokumeds is required to provide under the law, Dokumeds shall not be liable for the failure to provide Applicant’s information to the required parties;
- processing is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of Dokumeds or a third party, e.g. for assessing the skills of Applicant before establishing the employment relationship or using video surveillance for security purposes, controlling access to Dokumeds’ premises, for business development purposes or to protect Dokumeds’ interests in a potential dispute with Applicant;
- Applicant has given his/her consent for the processing of his/her Personal data according with Applicant’s consent statement in the end of this document.
- Who receives Personal data?
Dokumeds may transfer Applicant’s Personal data to the following recipients, unless the applicable laws and regulations provide otherwise:
- other group companies of Dokumeds (for example, for assisting in the assessment of Applicant);
- to third-party service providers that offer candidate assessment and evaluation services, and other third-party service providers that assist Dokumeds in the hiring of new Applicants (for example, to job applicants database service providers);
- former employers and/or business partners of Applicant, for the purpose of obtaining more information about the professional competency of Applicant;
- to the parties related to the functioning of Dokumeds and the business development thereof, including, but not limited to data storage and IT service providers, providers of security services, including, but not limited to for the purposes of carrying out video surveillance and the use of access rights and security control;
- to law enforcement institutions or other third parties, where this is deemed necessary under the applicable laws and regulations.
Additionally, Dokumeds may receive the Personal data from the former employers and/or business partners of Applicant as stated above, state authorities (if it is allowed under the applicable laws), public sources and recruitment service providers.
- How long does Dokumeds retain Personal data?
- Transferring of Personal data outside European Union
In some cases, Dokumeds may transfer Personal data outside the European Union, for example, if the Applicant is located outside the European Union or the services providers of Dokumeds are situated outside the European Union. Depending on the circumstances, Dokumeds may opt to use special Personal data protection guarantees set forth in the GDPR, such as entering into standard contractual clauses or using other legal basis, such as the need to conclude the employment contract between Dokumeds and Applicant. Applicant shall have the right to get acquainted with the information on the transferring of his/her Personal data outside the European Union, using the information specified in this notice.
- Applicant’s rights as a Data subject
Applicant has the following rights as a Data subject:
- to request Dokumeds to provide access to his/her Personal data;
- to rectify the Personal data if it is inaccurate;
- to demand the erasure of the Personal data if there is no basis for the further processing;
- to request restriction of the processing of the Personal data;
- to object to the processing;
- the right to portability of the Personal data to another legal or natural person, including by electronic means, taking into consideration the specified exceptions in the applicable laws;
- to lodge a complaint with the Latvian data protection authority (Data State Inspectorate), if the Applicant considers that his/her rights have been violated;
- to withdraw his/her consent expressed in Section 9 below to the processing of his/her Personal data if the processing of the Personal data has been carried out on the basis of his/her consent without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. To withdraw his/her consent, Applicant may use Dokumeds’ contact information specified herein. If Applicant withdraws his/her consent, Dokumeds shall stop the processing of such Personal data, which the withdrawn consent related to.